Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Because verse

This weeks verse is all about remembering who is in charge.
Isaiah 55:8-9"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Neither are your ways My ways," declares the LORD, For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
I often forget. But when I do remember I am so thankful that I am NOT in charge.
Only God could have everyones best interests in mind at the same time. It is mind blowing.
His ways are higher. No promises of an explanation or that certain events will ever make sense this side of heaven, although they often do in retrospect.
He has it covered. I am not to worry about it. If I decide to question then I am going to have to accept..."Because I am God, and you are not."
Because is something we parents use as an answer when we need/want to. This verse seems sort of like a "Because" from God. I am ok with that. There is a lot of comfort in "Because" - I am not on a need to know basis and it is being covered. Doesn't have to make sense. Doesn't have to be ok with me. Because.

No comments: