Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Not Helping

The snake was not found by my fearless husband. He checked the garden really well and even picked and ate a few beans while he went. Then he said, "I heard that snakes have about a 50 mile radius that they travel so he is probably long gone." I was supposed to feel good about that.
But, this is what I heard..."Every snake that you see on the highway between Alliance and Hot Springs and Harrison and Gordon, and the multitude that you don't see, lays claim to the very soil you are standing on and can and will come whenever they want to." YIKES! I am not ok with that!

Then, seeing that I was doing the math and that I was figuring out the radius of reptilian travel, he said "He was probably just here for a family reunion and is on his way home now."
HE HAS FAMILY AROUND HERE! AHHHHHH!!!!

Other things that John has said that are not helpful....."Rattlesnakes are nocturnal." This statement is supposed to make me feel better while we are walking through pastures in the day. Later....at dark....."You are going to shut the water off before coming to bed right?" In the dark?! Are you SERIOUS! I DO know what nocturnal means!


Another one...."Just think about the worst thing that can happen...even if you get bit by a Rattlesnake...it won't kill you and you would have a good story for grandkids." Me........hyperventilating.

I ask John about snakes quite a bit and he has learned that the answer is..."Not up here"...meaning at our house. But I will overhear him talking with someone else sometimes and he is very intelligently withholding information from me. But, then he will bring home rattles. Not baby rattles either....RATTLESNAKE RATTLES! WHAT!

He says I just need to get over it. Easy advice from a brave man who is not afraid of snakes. Not helping.

No comments: