Monday, July 21, 2008

SNAKE!!!

Deep breath.
I just saw a snake. In the yard. Moving toward the garden. I was also moving toward the garden to check the beans. They can die.
I stood still and watched it crawl right into the garden, across the bean rows and....and....it did not come out.
I decide I do not need to check the beans. I do need a husband that is around to kill snakes. How do you find one of those?
I came to the house and asked Cole to please get the clothes off the line (the clothesline is right by the garden) at first I just act normal. Then I caved and said that I saw a snake in the garden! The clothes can rot. We should stay in the house.
What kind? Does it REALLY matter?! It is a SNAKE! I really really hate snakes. I know hate is a strong word but in this case it is very appropriate. Ok. It was a bull snake. Not poisonous but there are other ways to die you know....like a heart attack.....like forgetting to breathe.....like jumping really high and coming down on a spike or something!

What is the snake doing!? What does it want with me!? Help! Where is my husband!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it still there? We could come have a snake hunt!!! mom

Anonymous said...

I can relate. I had a similar experience picking raspberries - except my phobia is not snakes, as you know, it is SPIDERS. I was happily picking raspberries when I moved a leaf and THERE IT WAS! It pretty much killed any interest at all I had in reaching into the raspberry bush to find any more. My family is completely unsympathetic, so no one else will go pick my raspberries for me. The chickens.