Friday, July 25, 2008

Photography Contest Entries

Ok. After the last post....I should be embarrassed to say that I even entered a contest....but you know, it was the "just for fun" contest that John dreamed up as part of his Church Yard Party the other night.
I just sent in my entries.
The rules were they the pictures had to be taken from church property between 6 and dark on 7-23 and that photographic enhancement was permissible (that means I could use Picasa to lighten/darken crop etc.....and I did).
The categories were:
FACES




This is Jen. She was in the photography contest too. She has a better camera and know how than I do....and she is also more talented at silly faces which doesn't bother me....much.
COLOR AND LIGHT
This is Jacey. She is a pistol. She is also really cute and I thought a good subject for the color and light category.
Yep...this was the slip and slide. John just staked down a big ole tarp with some tent stakes. He had it on a little hill so gravity was helping too. Then he put the sprinkler at the top and set out my Dawn detergent. The kids took it from there and squirted dawn on the tarp and for the next two hours they had lots of fun. (Note to self: add Dawn to shopping list.)
ACTION
This is one of the Gardner girls. There are 4 of them and they are all as cute as can be but I get the older two mixed up. This is either Allison or Annabelle. The younger ones are Abigail and Annamae. Nope. Not kidding. I bet none of them get called by the right name the first time when their Mom is yelling for them! This was taken after yet another helping of Dawn was squirted on the tarp to make it EVEN faster! :)
Notice the mud puddle that Allison/Annabelle is headed for! Yep....she hit it alright. They all did....then they would run back up to the top and shower off in the sprinkler so they would be clean to go again. :) After doing it all night, I overheard one of the girls say "My Mom will kill me if I get dirty!" Too late sweetheart!
FREESTYLE
This was my freestyle entry. I didn't really know what freestyle meant but I sort of took it as....I can enter whatever I want to. So I did.
This is Kiley and Jacey. They are sisters.
They are as brown as little bear cubs. Their Dad told me that with all that Dawn, they will be cleaner than they have been all summer. So I could only conclude that maybe they weren't tan....but just plain dirty! :) Aren't they cute?
So now we wait. Cole still has to enter his pictures and there were at least 3 others that were snapping pictures too. There are no prizes so the bragging rights are all that are up for grabs, though I expect that since it is a church deal...we will be expected to be humble and gracious. Great.

No comments: