Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Freezer

I got a new freezer today.
I didn't want a new freezer....but I needed one.
Unfortunately, I did not know I needed one until 10 this morning.
I went to the quonset to get my purse out of the van and heard something beeping inside the quonset. It was the freezer alarming that the temperature was too high.
I checked the meat and it was not thawed but there were water droplets and you could tell it wasn't cold enough.
What a deal.
I was on my way to help at a funeral dinner and couldn't really ditch that, so I pushed the "quick freeze" button and hoped that would kick it in gear enough to last until I got home.
I told Cole to have John call me when he got home. And when he called he checked it and thought it was doing ok.
I got home at 1:30 and it was not alarming and seemed ok too.
We went back out about 45 minutes later and...it wasn't ok and the alarm was going off again.
So.....I called the appliance store....and asked if they could deliver one asap. They did.
Ya gotta love that!
We moved all the meat and it should all be fine. Whew!
I had a freezer go bad a couple of years ago and we didn't catch it until the meat was all thawed. It was still good but had to be used. I cooked and cooked all I could and we called neighbors and friends and had a big ole meat give away. We had just gotten a pig and a beef so it was clear full.
Same scenario here....we had just gotten a beef a week or so ago. Not a good feeling.
I am paranoid about freezers going bad now. The only thing that helps is that the freezer that I just bought is a 21 cubic foot one. 21. :) It has to be a good one!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are weird! :0) I like weird! Weird is good.

All About Ann said...

I'm weird?!
Hmm...that is interesting coming from you....has to have her own pillow girl and her left foot tucked OUT of the covers! :)
I like weird too.

Lianne said...

Wow! I go away for the weekend and come back to find you've been very busy blogging! Nice job! :) I loved the ham you gave us a couple years ago when your freezer broke. I felt really bad for you...but I sure loved all the food we got out of the deal!