I planted these flowers a couple of weeks ago. I love daisies and petunias. So this year I put them together in the same containers. So far so good. It is late to be planting this stuff but I just can't see to bring myself to spend top dollar for flowers that I will probably kill.
So when they went on sale I was all over it. Hopefully the daisies will come back and next year I will just have to plant petunias!
My vegetable garden is doing well. I only planted tomatoes and beans but have volunteer potatoes (poor diggin' technique last year no doubt) and squash or pumpkin.....not sure yet.
The volunteer stuff is a mess....coming up where ever it wants to and spreading where ever it wants to. I tilled the rows again last night and watered all night. I just purchased a sprinkler on a tripod that I really like. I can raise it up above all the plants and get my whole garden.
My beans are starting to produce and we have had enough to fix for two meals. Looks like they will really start going in a week or so. I hope I will be free to can them! I planted 5 rows and two varieties. The Blue Lakes are already producing well and the others are really bushy and healthy looking but not ready yet. I plant only bush beans except for one unfortunately year when I accidentally got pole beans. What a pain. They were everywhere. People that are equipped for them really like them cuz you don't have to bend over to pick. I can see how that would be nice....but if you don't get them trellised....it isn't pretty.
My tomatoes are doing really well and I have a lot of little green tomatoes on. I planted Romas, Big Boys and Cherries. I want to do the salsa recipe and some tomato juice this fall.
I have big plans to expand my garden next year....maybe even double it in size! My husband would like a lot more varieties....carrots, peas, cukes, etc. My little tiller is handy enough that I am actually willing. Last night I tilled all the rows in about 15 minutes. If I don't have to stand out there with a hoe and fight a losing battle....then I am all for it.
I started all my tomato plants inside this year and loved having things growing in my windows with snow on the ground so I will probably do that again....only not so many tomato plants, and maybe some other things too.....like flowers. I bet I can grow my own petunias for a fraction of the cost!
So when they went on sale I was all over it. Hopefully the daisies will come back and next year I will just have to plant petunias!
My vegetable garden is doing well. I only planted tomatoes and beans but have volunteer potatoes (poor diggin' technique last year no doubt) and squash or pumpkin.....not sure yet.
The volunteer stuff is a mess....coming up where ever it wants to and spreading where ever it wants to. I tilled the rows again last night and watered all night. I just purchased a sprinkler on a tripod that I really like. I can raise it up above all the plants and get my whole garden.
My beans are starting to produce and we have had enough to fix for two meals. Looks like they will really start going in a week or so. I hope I will be free to can them! I planted 5 rows and two varieties. The Blue Lakes are already producing well and the others are really bushy and healthy looking but not ready yet. I plant only bush beans except for one unfortunately year when I accidentally got pole beans. What a pain. They were everywhere. People that are equipped for them really like them cuz you don't have to bend over to pick. I can see how that would be nice....but if you don't get them trellised....it isn't pretty.
My tomatoes are doing really well and I have a lot of little green tomatoes on. I planted Romas, Big Boys and Cherries. I want to do the salsa recipe and some tomato juice this fall.
I have big plans to expand my garden next year....maybe even double it in size! My husband would like a lot more varieties....carrots, peas, cukes, etc. My little tiller is handy enough that I am actually willing. Last night I tilled all the rows in about 15 minutes. If I don't have to stand out there with a hoe and fight a losing battle....then I am all for it.
I started all my tomato plants inside this year and loved having things growing in my windows with snow on the ground so I will probably do that again....only not so many tomato plants, and maybe some other things too.....like flowers. I bet I can grow my own petunias for a fraction of the cost!
.jpg)


1 comment:
I LOVE daisies too! Infact, all my flowers for my wedding are daisies. Your garden sounds yummy. Mom's garden is really growing too. I'm hoping to have a garden next year along with some flowers...if the deer don't eat everything.
Post a Comment