Friday, July 11, 2008

Dad Update

Well, yesterday was the Drs. appointment at UNMC.
Unfortunately I don't know a whole lot more than I did before I drove 500 miles to the other end of the state....except that I need to watch the speed limit signs more carefully...see previous post.
We met the Dr. and he wanted an MRI of the kidneys to see how much the tumor is involved in the blood supply and also to check the other kidney for tumors. He also wanted a brain CT scan to make sure there were no tumors there. We don't have the results and I suppose it will be sometime next week before we know.
They said the thing to do is to get that kidney out of there and will press forward with that in mind.
Dad handled it all very well. He was tired but it wasn't really an emotional day....we already knew that he has a tumor and that it needs to come out. So it was mostly a day of jumping through the hoops for him.

No comments: