Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy, Busy

I am just tying up some loose end this morning before I take off for Eastern Nebraska. I hate to leave. I am a homebody that is forced to leave at times for work and to get groceries....but sometimes I even get homesick at work. It's true. I usually have the toughest time on Mondays....after I have had a few days of home. This time I will be gone several days and it will be fine once I get there....but the leaving and the going are not my favorite.

Some of my loose ends....
I fixed the picture on the post about flowers and garden. I don't know what the deal was with that but I think it is fixed now. I just put a different picture in there.

I need to fold laundry and pack. The great things about front load washers is that you can do a really big load of wash. All my towels, all my whites, all my colors, etc. can be done in a load a piece. I can get a weeks worth of laundry washed up in no time at all....but the folding....UGH.

Cleaning the Kitchen. I need to spruce up a little in there for sure. I baked cookies last night for a 4-H deal this weekend that I will miss, and John made us a tasty supper of BBQ ribs....but then we sort of went off duty so I just need to make it right.

I have a whole list of things to do in town too....get gas in the van, stop by work and pack some projects to work on, get money out of the bank, run some papers to Del, who is taking my place at the Horse Show that I was supposed to work, and picking up the stuff for the 4-H deal that I am missing - but have delegated to another mother. WHEW!!!

The things that keep me going and make it somewhat palatable to leave are that I will get to pick where and when I want to eat and I will get to pick what I want to listen to in the van and I am staying with my SIL tonight and we always have a good time. Oh yes, and don't forget the shopping opportunities that will be at my fingertips!

I will meet Dad in Omaha Thursday morning for his appointments with the Anesthesiologist, Oncologist, Surgeon and Radiology. It will be a busy busy day. His surgery will be the first case on Friday. I will try to post updates if I can get on the Internet.

2 comments:

Alaskagirl said...

I hope you have a nice time and that you got all your things done! I pray that your meeting with your dad's doc's go well.
ysxsmk

Anonymous said...

Carolyn has a neat front load washer. It works great if your cloths were clean when you put them in. It dosen't get my jeans as clean as the old one. The old washing machine worked better, but I only got to use it once because right after she got it I washed all my saddle blankets in it. She caught me in the laundry room last week and got on to me because I'm not supposed to be in there. I told her that my white shirts weren't as white as I wanted so I was soaking them in a 5 gallon bucket of water w/soap and bleach. She said if I was going to do that I would have to use bueing instead of bleach. I didn't know how much to use so I used a lot. Now I have the coolest looking Easter-egg tie-dye- looking shirts to go to work in and I have lost my laundry room privelages for another 10 yrs. A true win/win!
Tim