Friday, July 25, 2008

Equipment Disparity






When we went through the Custer State Park Wildlife Loop on our anniversary trip....we happened across a couple with tricked out cameras.

They have nicer cameras than I do.

But theirs won't fit in their purse...unless they happen to use a suitcase as their purse.
This is what they were taking a picture of....well actually it was a male antelope. I bet they maybe got a few better shots of him than this one. But I wonder if they were so distracted by getting the perfect antelope shot that they missed the other players in the photo. Like the fact that the back drop was thistles and the foreground was bindweed and that there was a prairie dog hole right there that is probably housing a rattlesnake or two.
Maybe they have better computer programs too and will photoshop in a creek or lush pasture as the setting.
I wonder if they know that antelope are weird and that they are basically wild goats. Not such a romantic subject now eh?
Ok. I am a little jealous of the lenses....and the tripod....and the obvious "know how" they possess.
But still....an antelope? Not worthy. I didn't even try to get a good shot on my Fujifilm FinePix F20. (I think it sounds a little more upscale to actually use the name of my camera rather than say camera...don't you?)


No comments: