That's right. No more Solitaire for me.
I have never really attended a church that observed Lent. I had friends in school that would talk about "giving things up for Lent" like bubble gum or pop or sugar etc.
Last week was the beginning of the Lenten season and I don't remember how I was made aware of that. A fleeting thought went through my mind that if I was someone that had to give something up for Lent, and it was something that would be a sacrifice.....it would have to be playing Solitaire on the computer. Seriously. I am addicted. I don't know why it has such a draw....it doesn't take a lot of strategy or skill. It is a huge time waster. It is mind numbing. Actually, the fact that it is a pretty brainless activity might be exactly why I have been so drawn to the last few months. I can busy my self with a Solitaire marathon and let my mind sort of float through different things. I can process things that I need to deal with, I can plan my week, I can just think of nothing. It is restful and familiar and safe.
Today Randy started a new sermon series and it will go through Easter. Today's topic was about the 40 days that Jesus fasted in the wilderness and then was tempted. He talked about the Lenten season and about how 'we' don't really take part. He also said that he was encouraging his family to take part this year. I was reminded of my thought last week and just decided that I would take part too and would fast from Solitaire. So.....no more Solitaire for me. I think it will be really hard for a week or two then I don't think I will miss it much. We will see.
I will probably blog more often. I am hoping I will be better at getting my housework done. I may actually get my tax papers filed and perhaps even keep up on this years paperwork.
Time will tell.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


1 comment:
I know you will be a stronger person because of this sacrifice, but I do feel somewhat betrayed. Gary suggested that I give up bridge (online)for Lent, and I suggested some things to him!!!!!! Now, you are really making me look bad!!! Oh well....good luck, and I have faith that you will do this....Love, Mom
Post a Comment