Monday, March 23, 2009

Snow Day!!!

Yesterday was 80 degrees. It was hot and dry. It felt like a summer day. Even the box elder bugs were out!

Today....winter. It is 30 degrees and we are in a blizzard. The rain started in the night and the temperature dropped through the morning and by 10am it was snowing. By 11:30 it was coming sideways and piling up and they were closing schools and highways. I got the word about then that the campus was closing at noon and the public schools were closing at 12:30.

I finished up some things then went to the store to get bread and ice cream. You know you can not weather any kind of weather without ice cream!

I picked up Cole on my way by his country school and we came on home. The roads were bad and the visibility was very limited but we made it just fine.

John was here when we got home and since the electricity had flickered a couple of times and the snow is pretty wet and heavy we decided to prepare ourselves for an outage.

He filled a drink cooler with water and I filled the bathtub with water. We will drink one and flush with the other if needed. Then, because we were in the pioneer spirit, we cooked a couple of frozen pizzas. Yep. Just like the olden days.

I am so excited to home this afternoon! I have a whole list of things planned for myself.
  1. Blog and post pictures that I haven't gotten done yet.
  2. laundry
  3. clean out the frig
  4. work on the kitchen walls in preparation for my new cupboards.
  5. write some cards and letters
  6. Get caught up on my Quicken (bookkeeping).
  7. Take a nap
  8. Make some cookies
  9. Pay some bills
  10. Dust!

That should be enough to kill my motivation and make me feel like a pathetic lazy loser by the end of the day when I don't get it all accomplished! Wouldn't you say?

Well, right now the afternoon seems to be stretching out endlessly in front of me so I am going to try to make good use of it.

I am thankful for snow days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell will be jealous. Do you know we have not used one snow day all this school year? Life is so unfair...

Enjoy your evening.