Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Cart Ride

Today is a blizzard. I can't see past the first autogate. The cars are hedged in by drifts and the patio furniture is piled high with snow.


Hard to believe that two days ago it was 80 degrees and we were taking Blondie out with the cart.






Blondie is doing really well. Sunday was the first time I had a chance for a cart ride. It was pretty fun.






Shoni was out for the afternoon. She came out after church and offered to help me with the kitchen but I was in the mood for fun instead....and I don't regret it at all. I sure appreciated her offer though.














She looks good pulling and did really great until....she didn't want to play anymore.













John had a hard time finding a place to stop that was positive. She got pretty balky and wouldn't go forward. She only wanted to back up. A couple of times she even acted like she was trying to buck!




But she came through it eventually and we just hope she forgets all about it.




John keeps a bucket of oats in the barn. It is a community bucket and whomever is being saddled or harnessed gets to snack out of it. Blondie was the only one doing any work on Sunday but Maynard and Jane wanted a piece of the action.


Kitty and Little Joe Pat and Cisco came over too...."Did someone say oats?"










"Please sir, could I have a little more?" (You have to say that with an English accent - think Dickens).





I think Blondie is beautiful. One of these days I am going to get a picture of her standing by Maynard and Jane. It will be like David and Goliath x 2.



Clarification. The picture above is not the beautiful Blondie. It is Jane. Jane has never been accused of being beautiful, - big-boned, carries her weight well, easy keeper, etc. All of those would work for Jane. She wouldn't win any beauty contests but she would be stiff competition at a pulling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VANADOUR: Armenian name meaning "host; inn-keeper”.

VASCO: Contracted form of Spanish Velasco, meaning "crow."

VÍCTOR: Spanish form of Roman Latin Victor, meaning "conqueror."

Vince

Just some names, I think I like Vodka though.--TD

mjoseph said...

I love your horse pictures!
Well, and the other ones too; but for different reasons. I like your home improvement pix for the same reason a pencil behind the ear is appealing.