Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh Boy! Oh NO!

Several months ago....well almost a year ago I guess....I decided that I needed to change my kitchen. I had John boy help me and we took out a closet that I had been using as a pantry and he and Randy rewired some outlets and we then started on the mudding and taping of all the dry wall. Then the whole thing sort of ground to a halt. Dad's surgery, fair, vacation to Denver, going back to work, you name it and we have used it for an excuse. The bottom line is that we had no motivation.

We had asked a friend and local construction guy to build us some new upper cupboards. You see, I really like the way getting rid of that old closet opened up my kitchen but I really need more storage space. There is a lot of wasted room with my upper cupboards and so that was the logical place to start. We talked to our friend in June. Due to family circumstances he has not had the opportunity to get our cupboards done and so we have not had the motivation to get our mudding and taping done.

That all changed today. Our friend stopped by my office and asked me to swing by his shop on the way home tonight and look....AT MY NEW CUPBOARDS~!!!! They are really nice. He has a final sanding to do and then a few coats of varnish....but oh my they are really really nice. I am going to have so much more room it isn't even funny!

Now....the mudding and taping job has been moved to the top of the "things that really have to get done now" list. So I am going to get up from this computer, change into my home improvement clothes and dig out all my drywall stuff and get cracking on the project. I am so excited! I could maybe have my new cupboards by Monday! I will let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm excited for you, too! Can't wait to see them. They've been a long time coming, so it will be great to have them installed. Don't you love good surprises?