I am blogging entries from letters that I wrote to John when we were dating
and I was in Maine being a nanny.
If you want to read them from the beginning you can click on
"Summer of 84" and scroll down to the first post.
Carl came home from work at 9:30 this morning and left me his car. It is a Honda Accord - a shift. It felt like it had been forever since I had driven - it felt weird. But I didn't wreck or run over anyone so I think that is good.
We (the girls and I) loaded up in the car and took Carl back to work then came home and I did the dishes.
It has been a yukky day - raining. It gets pretty cold here when the sun doesn't shine. I hope it is nice tomorrow!
LATER -
The girls and I went in to Camden to do some shopping. I bought some postcards and two books to read at night. Morgan took one of her Mom's old purses to Camden and she put her piggybank in it - piggy and all! She is funny.
We came back to Rockport - I had gotten some groceries and I made the girls Rice Krispie Cookies. They had NEVER had them! They liked them.
We watched TV a while. Morgan is into soap operas. Her favorite is right after lunch - As the World Turns. It is so ridiculous to see her - 7 years old, wearing heels (jelly shoes), sucking her thumb, curled up in her security blanket - and watching soaps.
We went for a walk this afternoon. There is a park right down the street and we played in the swings and played some games. It wasn't raining but it was still cold so we came home. Morgan and I fell asleep on the couch and Chloe watched TV.
LATER STILL-
One of Chloe's friends invited her over for the night so she is gone. Susan leaves for New York tomorrow until Thursday night for seminars. She gave me a shirt today. It is a polo with "Color Computer" on it. That's the name of the magazine she works for.
Jolene called and she broke their TV today! Well, she didn't actually break it - she just messed up the buttons and now it won't go. She is kind of worried about it.
My favorite boat - it is black with blue sails - almost bit it today. It came into the harbour and couldn't get the anchor to catch and came very, very close to hitting the rocks. I thought it was going to be terrible for a minute there. I think it all turned out ok.
This is the first night since I have been here that we don't have a house guest. Kara and her mom left this morning.
I called and talked to John's Mom, his Grandpa Thomas is in real bad shape. Cancer. Shari, his little sister is going in for hernia surgery. I wish I was there. But if the sun would just come out tomorrow I will probably be ok.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment