Thursday, March 5, 2009

Questions

I was in a meeting today at work and one of the attendees asked the chairman a question. Loooong minutes later the chairman stopped answering and asked "Did that answer your question?"

It reminded me of a Q&A session that I was in with the medical director of the place I worked many moons ago.

The medical director was Indian as in from India.

He had two medical specialties. He was a Hematologist and an Internist. That should have been a good clue that he probably wasn't going to talk on my level. :)

Anyway I had a question about the proteins that are carried on a blood cell outside of the ones we all know about like A, B and Rh. I truly can not even remember the specifics of my question but I do remember that he talked for about 20 minutes following my question. He was hard to understand because of his accent and cadence of speaking, but also because the words he used were very technical.

When he was all done I raised my hand again. He called on me and I said "Did you just answer my question?" He said "Yes." I said "OK. Thank you."

I silently scolded myself and made myself promise not to ask him any more questions.

No comments: