Wednesday, March 18, 2009

From the Nanny Files - June 19, 1984



Another yuk day.


Maybe it will clear off later.


Everyone is gone but Morgan and I so we are being lazy. The girls have swimming lessons at the Y today. Morgan doesn't want to go but I think she will change her mind if she sees any of her friends there.

The TV talked about Nebraska and all the rain they are getting. I bet it is really green now.


Marilyn (neighbor) brought her 10 month old daughter over for an hour while she went to Aerobics. The little girl was really good. Cute too.



Carl just brought the car back for us. Jolene and I are signing up for Aerobics at the Y on M-W-F evenings.


It is only 57 degrees out and foggy and misty. Morgan wants to go to the park!



Moose are pretty plentiful here. I guess they get hit on the roads pretty often. I hope I get to see one.



LATER -



I am bored and lonely. Chloe is still at her friends house and Morgan is resting, so we did skip swimming lessons today. I think Jolene is coming over tomorrow. Frick is going to Boston for a couple days so she will have a car. Jo says she is working a lot, from 7am to 5 or 6 pm every day and she HAS to do some housework. I don't have to but I do out of lack of anything better to do.



After next week Tammy won't be working anymore so Jo will just have Thomas at night sometimes and for a little while during the day while Tammy is at tennis lessons. Tammy and Frick are moving from Tenant's Harbour to Camden in 2 or 3 weeks so Jo will be really busy then. I like Tammy and Fricks house at Tenant's Harbour. It is really big and has 4 or 5 patio doors out onto decks that face the ocean. They have a private lane to their house, a forested area around it and lots of room. It is really a neat house.



Carl just called and told me to order pizza from Ingrahams!



LATER -



Morgan and Chloe have been fighting a lot today. They have been cooped up so it is understandable - but I am still tired of it. They are both madly in love with Micheal Jackson! Especially Morgan. She told me that she had a dream about him and he sang a song to her. :) Every time one of his commercials comes on the girls go CRAZY! **This was during the Beat It era of Michael Jackson - he did the Pepsi commercials**


The phone has been ringing all night - I wish I would get a call.

June 20, 1984

I did my laundry today and the dishes then bummed around the rest of the day. The girls and I finished off the rest of the pizza from last night for lunch. Then the cleaning lady came.


Jolene came over and wanted us to go to Camden with her. We went to Tammy's restaurant and to get a card for Tom (Jolene's brother) and then we came home.



The girls went to a friends house for the afternoon. I have to go get them soon. I am not looking forward to it because they gave me directions and said "you can't miss it" which undoubtedly means that I will!



Jo and I went to Rockland this afternoon to do some errands for Tammy. We went to McDonalds. It is a really nice day today. In fact, I am at the beach now. They moved more boats into the harbour this afternoon. There is a real pretty one with pink stripes and pink sails. There are some men working on my favorite boat - so it must have gotten some damage the other day when it couldn't stop.



The beach is really cluttered with shells, wood and seaweed since it was stormy.



I went to get the girls, I did miss the drive but I didn't go very far out of the way. We had sandwiches and chips for supper.


June 21, 1984


When I woke up this morning I thought I was in my bed at home and I was a little sad.


I feel like going shopping. I want to spend my money and buy lots of things. The girls are not going to friends houses today so I better earn my wages. I think Jolene is getting pretty antsy - at least I can talk to the girls. Tammy told Jo she'd make a good mother someday.



We drove to Camden this morning and picked Carl up from the office. He showed me where Shirttail Lake is and gave me a check to buy groceries and told me to write it for $20 extra for some spending money!



When Carl showed us where the lake is, I almost killed us! I was so embarrassed! I was trying to pull onto the highway and almost pulled right out in front of a car! Carl was so calm about it and I don't know why because the car would have smacked his side of the car first.
LATER-

It is a really nice day. We are at the park. The girls are looking for baby crabs. Earlier we went
back to Shirttail and had a picnic with Jolene and Thomas. The lake was nice. It was fairly warm and clear. We pretty much stayed in the shallow part because of the girls. Across the lake there is a rope tied to a tree and you can swing out and jump in the lake. It looks like fun. Some young guys were over there working on it. We stayed at the lake for 3 hours.

There is some problem with Tammy selling the Restaurant now and she may not be able to. I guess she was pretty upset last night and was telling Jolene all about it.



When we came home from the park Carl took us to McDonalds. Susan got home and came too. Then we went on a little tour of the area. We went to a huge resort right outside of Rockland. We went up to the top of Mount Battie, it is right outside of Camden.
The tower at the top of Mount Battie. It is a very small "mountain".
From the top of Mt. Battie looking east across Camden Harbour and into Penobscot Bay.
Then we went to Lake Megunitook and down by some old Captain's mansions. They were huge and very elaborate. One was built in 1672! Many of them are turned into Museums or Bed and Breakfast placed now. We finished up by going to Camden harbour to look at the schooners - they were really neat. It would be fun to go on one. I guess you can buy a place on one to be a crew member...kind of like a Dude Ranch but I guess it would be more of a Sailor Dude Ship....or something like that. It was a fun drive.

No comments: