I am blogging entries from letters that I wrote to John when we were dating and I was in Maine being a nanny. If you want to read them from the beginning you can click on Summer of 84 and scroll down to the first post.
I just got home from Frick and Tammy's (my friend Jolene's family). Cramer's took me to Tenant's Harbour
to meet Jo and Frick at the dock this morning and we went out in Frick's boat. It is a big motorboat. It was very fun. The waves were so big. The boat would go over a wave and drop - BANG! It jarred your whole body and by the time you recovered you'd climbed another one and were dropping again! Kind of like riding a bucking horse...but more fun.
We went to Dix Island.
There were seals on the rocks sunning themselves.
Frick has a friend with a cabin there. The island is owned by six families and there are no cars or phones allowed.
They want to keep it as natural as possible. 
When we were trying to dock in front of the cabin, I had to climb out on the front of the boat and try to get the rope and I was leaning over so far I almost slipped! The wind was blowing us toward the rocks and we almost hit them. It just wasn't going to work to dock there so we went around the island and docked on the other side.
We had a picnic and I picked some wildflowers...they were everywhere!
The island is so beautiful.
We stayed most of the afternoon and headed back to Tenants Harbour.
The waves were even bigger on the way back and it was so fun. Jo and I sat in the back, held on for our lives and yelled at Frick to go faster and faster, laughing all the way in from the island. We saw a huge tanker go by. I really love the ocean and that surprises me as a landlocked Nebraska girl.
Frick let us off at the dock and went to moor the boat and Jo and I just waited there for him.
We saw some people bringing in lobster traps so we watched.
There were a lot of them. They really stink...like a fishy kind of stink. I guess they are cooked live! They just drop them into boiling water. Eww.
The Cramers all went to the lake today so Jo brought me home. She says we only have 51 days left. She must be homesick.
LATER-
Chloe, Morgan and I watched OKLAHOMA (the musical) on TV tonight. Chloe fell asleep leaning against my shoulder and Morgan sat on the floor in front of me and I brushed her hair while she sucked her thumb. I really love these girls.
I tried to call John tonight but he wasn't home so I talked to his mom.
Carl and Susan are home now. Susan and I stayed up for a while and talked. I asked how she and Carl met. He was dating one of her friends! I asked if they are still friends - they aren't.
I just got home from Frick and Tammy's (my friend Jolene's family). Cramer's took me to Tenant's Harbour
to meet Jo and Frick at the dock this morning and we went out in Frick's boat. It is a big motorboat. It was very fun. The waves were so big. The boat would go over a wave and drop - BANG! It jarred your whole body and by the time you recovered you'd climbed another one and were dropping again! Kind of like riding a bucking horse...but more fun.We went to Dix Island.
There were seals on the rocks sunning themselves.
Frick has a friend with a cabin there. The island is owned by six families and there are no cars or phones allowed.
They want to keep it as natural as possible. 
When we were trying to dock in front of the cabin, I had to climb out on the front of the boat and try to get the rope and I was leaning over so far I almost slipped! The wind was blowing us toward the rocks and we almost hit them. It just wasn't going to work to dock there so we went around the island and docked on the other side.
We had a picnic and I picked some wildflowers...they were everywhere!
The island is so beautiful.
We stayed most of the afternoon and headed back to Tenants Harbour.The waves were even bigger on the way back and it was so fun. Jo and I sat in the back, held on for our lives and yelled at Frick to go faster and faster, laughing all the way in from the island. We saw a huge tanker go by. I really love the ocean and that surprises me as a landlocked Nebraska girl.
Frick let us off at the dock and went to moor the boat and Jo and I just waited there for him.
We saw some people bringing in lobster traps so we watched.
There were a lot of them. They really stink...like a fishy kind of stink. I guess they are cooked live! They just drop them into boiling water. Eww.The Cramers all went to the lake today so Jo brought me home. She says we only have 51 days left. She must be homesick.
LATER-
Chloe, Morgan and I watched OKLAHOMA (the musical) on TV tonight. Chloe fell asleep leaning against my shoulder and Morgan sat on the floor in front of me and I brushed her hair while she sucked her thumb. I really love these girls.
I tried to call John tonight but he wasn't home so I talked to his mom.
Carl and Susan are home now. Susan and I stayed up for a while and talked. I asked how she and Carl met. He was dating one of her friends! I asked if they are still friends - they aren't.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment