I guess I was off a day on the One Minute Writer. Today's prompt is actually "that" as in the Meatloaf song..."I will do anything for love....but I won't do that..." We were supposed to say what we wouldn't do for love. That....didn't spark any ideas so I decided to do yesterday's prompt instead.
Crisis. Hmmm.
I was actually just thinking about a term used by Henry Blackaby in the Experiencing God series. I couldn't remember how he said it but John remembered. He talks about coming to a CRISIS of Belief and how that is a pivotal moment in every one's lives. A time when you have to decide if you are going to act out of faith in God or just rely on what you know. I am probably not saying it right but it was a great study. And I would highly recommend his Bible study. I know when we went through that book, I was really challenged about my obedience to God or lack thereof.
Other crisis times. Well they are numerous. Most recent crisis.....this is going to sound pretty mild in the face of car accidents and medical emergencies and more major crisis. But I would have to say the most recent crisis was when our freezer stopped working with a whole beef and a whole pig in there and thawed out. Fortunately it had not spoiled but it still had to be dealt with quickly and couldn't be refrozen. It happened about 4 years ago and I can still feel the panic that I was in trying to cook up all I could and calling friends and neighbors to come and get some meat!
The crazy thing is that last summer our other freezer tried to do the same thing but we caught it before anything had thawed and called the appliance place and they had a new one out here lickety-split. Ya gotta love that kind of service and response.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


1 comment:
Oh, how I remember the freezer crisis! As I was reading it in your post, I was thinking, "No! The same thing...again??" thinking that you were describing a more recent crisis. But, of course...I remember. I felt so awful for you, but I also still remember the yummy ham that we enjoyed for days after that!
Post a Comment