Thursday, March 5, 2009

Birthday!

I can't believe that I didn't blog about my Birthday.


I turned a year older on February 14th.

I know, I know....you think that is sweet. Actually as a kid I really liked having my birthday on Valentine's Day but now I just realize that I get jipped out of a meal and a date with my husband. AND....what I really really want to do to party on my birthday is have a couple of friends over to play cards and eat cake and ice cream. However, everyone is usually out with their Sweetheart as they should be.

This year we went to Valentine on Valentine's Day and met our friends Bruce and Julie there.





We had some snow on the ground but it looked decent when we left. Within 20 miles we were on pretty bad roads and the weather had gotten pretty wintry. By the time we got to Valentine things were clear again. Here is a picture of the wheel on our van.


We made it a family deal and brought our boy and they brought their three.



Julie made me a cake. It was just as delicious as it looks.





The boys swam at the motel and played "500" in the pool with some other kids. Julie and I paired up to take on John and Bruce at several rousing games of pitch - pool side. The guys gave us all we could handle for the first few games but we girls pulled out the championship the next day.

It was a great time. It was a fun birthday and we loved celebrating with our friends. I hope Bruce took Julie out on a romantic date sometime later that week. Or at least brought her flowers or chocolates or something!





This gorilla just happened to be staying the same motel. He rode down the elevator and hung out in the lobby for awhile when we were eating breakfast then went outside. I think he was waiting for someone to open up the trailer so he could get in. I guess we could have asked but you know how it is. No one ever wants to talk about the gorilla in the room. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed this post!!!! It was a very fun weekend!! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you!!!