Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Snow Day - The Sequel

Oh my GOODNESS!



We have another snow day! YIPPEEEEE!



I am just beside myself!



The wind is still blowing and we had several inches of snow....it's hard to tell how much because the wind has piled it up but it was enough to close roads and call of schools.



John doesn't usually calve until May but he bought some commercial cows that are just getting started. I am pretty sure having to get up and check on things during this storm will support his May calving philosophy. He did have a calf last night and all is well.



Well.....let's see how I did on yesterday's snow day chore list:


  1. Blog - well it is in progress
  2. Laundry - oh yeah. I did all the laundry but I have two loads to fold and put away and we all wore clothes yesterday so I am never done with laundry but I made a big dent.
  3. Clean out the frig - Pftlpt - I am considering renaming the frig as 'compost bin'.
  4. Work on the kitchen - I did actually work on mudding and taping a little last night and will continue today.
  5. Write Cards and letters - Ummm. Well....no.
  6. Quicken - quicken schmicken - I don't need to do that until next tax season...what was I thinking!
  7. Take a nap - Shoot. I forgot this one was even on my list. I will move it to the top for today.
  8. Pay bills - Nah. The mail isn't going anywhere anyway.
  9. Dust - Well, I did accidentally knock some dust off some things when I was working in the kitchen. I will try to get this one done today.
  10. Bake cookies - Nope. I didn't do this but I did clean the oven which involved pushing a button....but still, I did have to push the button. Anyway, the oven is ready for cookies today if I choose to make some that is.

Honestly, what can possibly beat a snow day? I love it.

It is like getting a gift of time and R & R.

John would probably dispute that as he fights the elements to feed and check on animals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

more pictures please--TD

Anonymous said...

whoops, I meant about the war.
stupid me couldnt fugure out the whole comments thing is at the bottom of each post, not the top*.
--TD