Monday, June 23, 2008

The Whatever Verse

The whatever verse is such a good one for attitude adjustment. I need frequent adjustments. John refers to this verse as the "Therple" verse but in truth it would be spelled THRPL which is an acrostic of the first letters of the first few whatevers and if you are a scripture memorizer, it just makes it easier to keep the order of the whatevers in the right spot.
"...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things. " Phillipians 4:8
Boy, what a difference this would make in my attitude if I practiced this advice. For some reason it seems easier to think about negative things. It is certainly more accepted by most people to go to the negative side of things than the positive. I am usually pretty positive about things. I have even at times been called "crazy optimistic" which sort of offended me but I got over it. Anyway, this is a good verse to ponder for this week.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

I like your weekly verses. :) I'm going to try to remember to dwell on this one as well...thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

So...I've been thinking about the "whatever verse" and I think I need some practical examples. When you think to yourself, "I need to think about something good...", what do you have yourself think about?
:) ~Lianne