Psalm 139:14 "I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well."
Sometimes I label verses in my head and this one is the swimsuit verse. I have a sort of phobia about being in a swimming suit. Too many things can go wrong. But the worst time of all is shopping for a new swimming suit....in the springtime when you don't even have your "suck it in" in shape and not the slightest hint of a tan to help. I haven't gotten a new suit for years. The one I have is pretty low mileage so I haven't needed one I guess. But even when I put on my old, broken in suit I will look in the mirror and think of this verse. It helps me to keep things in perspective.I am fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator of the universe. Who am I to think that I would know anything about improving on the original design? I really like this verse. I actually really like Psalm 139 as a whole. It is such a good reminder of God's care and personal attention to the details of our life - from the time He "wove" us together to writing the number of days that were "ordained" for us in His book before that life even began. It always speaks to me not to worry about what I look like in a swimming suit but on a larger scale, it speaks to me about not worrying about anything. I don't always succeed in not worrying but I am much less of a worrier than I used to be. That is progress.
.jpg)


1 comment:
Ann...for me, the verse is the "I still look like I'm pregnant and probably will for the rest of the summer" verse. I can't find anything that looks flattering.. :) But, I have cute kids to look at as a result, so I can see the blessing in it.
Post a Comment