Sunday, June 22, 2008

Verse revisted

Tomorrow I will change the Verse of the week but something that has been knocking me in the forehead lately is the last part of this week's verse "...and my soul knows it very well." This is an NAS version but I always want to finish this verse as "...and my soul knows it full well." Which is probably New King James...doesn't matter - it's just how I want to finish it so I probably heard it that way first. I can't find a NKJV Bible right now to check it out.
Anywho.... This has caused me to ponder on whether my soul knows that God's works are wonderful. I think it is not hard for me to look at nature and animals and just be in awe of the workmanship and beauty and crazy mad skilz that it took to design all of those things.....but does my soul know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made? Hmm. Not sure. Maybe my soul does know it but my head has not gotten on board. But it appears to me that it is presented as a fact in the verse...and if I am going to accept it as truth then my soul and my head should be on the same page. I will work on that. Most times "working on that" means that I have to pray for God to give me the understanding and faith to get my head and heart (soul) in the same place. So...He will work on that. :)

No comments: