I went to Dad's Dr. appt with him yesterday. As I was driving yesterday morning I had to wonder what the heck I was doing driving 5 hours to an appointment that would not take very long and then driving back home the same day. But I am glad I went.
The tumor on his kidney is large. The Dr. said it was too large for his office to tackle and that Dad would have to go to the Med Center. (Yep, this is the bad news) He also said that they could not say for sure that it was cancer....but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...etc. So his take is that it is a large ducky cancerous tumor I guess.
Anywho.....we will go to Omaha as soon as that appointment is set up and Dad will get to know the Urology department inside and out (and vice-versa) and they will determine if he is a surgical candidate and discuss treatment options and (here is the good news I guess) Dad will be "written up in medical journals". I don't know if that is true....but it was the only non-scary thing the Dr. had to say to us yesterday. I think the real good news is that they found this by accident before it was spread all over the place and that Dad isn't having any pain or problems yet.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment