Monday, June 9, 2008

Pondering

Hmmm. I decided that I would put a Bible verse on my blog page each week and ponder it. This week is Proverbs 15:1 - "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."
This is a very good verse for me to ponder. I can get a little snarky at times. I can beat down a gentle spirit with a good, swift, sarcastic, round house kick before you can say "grasshopper". Not a skill to be proud of.
I am also a little fearful of what might come my way this week. Experience has taught me that when I attempt to be more Christlike....I get pop quizzes. Often. Usually I don't fare very well. So, I totally expect situations to arise that will call for a gentle answer.....and I will probably fall short. Don't ask me why. I don't have it figured out. But I am hopeful that as I ponder this verse, that it may actually be lived out in me as well. Time will tell. But that is my hope and prayer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo Ann!
I thought I left a quite comical comment the other day, but as you can see I am not the blogmeister that you are. Anyway, you now know that 5 people are reading your entries.
Brenda
Also, I am quite who the anonymous commenter is!

Anonymous said...

Most relevant blog yet... this verse is something I have had to practice for about 12 years... I only realized that the answer had to be *sincerely* gentle the last 4...
MH "anonymous blog commenter"