Friday, August 22, 2008

Why. Why! WHY!!!!

Yes. I saw it. I still can't believe it. Of course I am talking about the USA and their 4x100 relays. You got to grab on to the stick! For Pete's sake people!

What a maddening thing. What a waste. I couldn't even stay up to watch the rest of the Olympics last night. I had about enough of dropping the baton and if I had stayed up late once again...I would have dropped the baton today at work....cuz I am dead tired. So it was a good thing that I got disgusted with the whole crazy mess. I was actually somewhat rested for today.

This has been one Loooong week I am telling you. I have to work tomorrow afternoon too so it is not exactly over. We have 568 freshman students this year that have been here since yesterday along with their parents/families. Parking is as rare as the USA holding onto a relay baton. Non-existent. :) Classes start Monday so all the upper classmen are starting to show up too. Our town is really a-hoppin'.

I watered the garden last night and should have a nice picking of beans tomorrow. I have some tomatoes turning too. I love my garden. I am definitely going to expand it....maybe even double the size next year. If you think you like to garden then you should get a little Honda tiller that is about 12 inches wide. You will then LOVE gardening. I guarantee it. If you have a little Honda tiller and wish you didn't....I have buyers lined up to purchase it. Seriously.

We already had a student leave because she was too homesick. Yesterday. Yes. She just arrived yesterday. She was with her family....they moved her in and an hour later they moved her out. Poor thing. I bet she has fretted all summer long. I was not that way at all. I loaded up the Ford Pinto, and away I went. I moved myself in - I had to be there 2 weeks ahead of classes for track practice - and I was set. Sure it was lonely but I didn't want the dorm room drama at all. Since I was out for Track, I got acquainted pretty quickly with the team and I loved it. I am guessing this homesick girl yesterday didn't have two younger brothers that pestered her to death. Or maybe she didn't have a really cool Ford Pinto. We can't all be so lucky.

Ok. Back to work. I am going to try to dig out from under. I can tell that I am going to need my Wheaties this semester to keep up with everything!

No comments: