Things are looking up here. Dad is more alert and mostly oriented - just not all the time. They gave him two units of blood today which really helped his color and breathing. His electrolytes are still a little off but are getting closer to normal. His lungs are still really congested but they started him on an antibiotic today and the respiratory therapist comes in every 4 hours and gives him a breathing treatment and percusses his lungs.
What a difference 24 hours makes. Last night the ICU charge nurse asked if we wanted him to be intubated if that became necessary and for a time it was looking like it might be necessary.
I am staying here again tonight and will hang out tomorrow morning and make a decision by noon about whether to stay or head home.
Cole shows his Dairy cow at the Fair tomorrow and his pigs show on Wednesday. I would love to be there for both but at the least I want to see the pigs show. I talked to Cole today and he was really happy with their weights. They are pretty close to each other....only about 15 pounds difference in the three from the lightest to the heaviest...AND none of them weigh 300 pounds which is an improvement from other years. He always has one that makes a real.....well....a real pig of itself by the end of the summer and twice he has had the biggest pig at the fair. This is not a desirable title. It really messes up your pen of three and the ideal weight is closer to 250 or so. Anyway, it sounds like he really hit the mark this year.
I am going to bed now and will go to ICU at 6 am. I just talked to his nurse for the night, she was his nurse last night too, and she said he is 100% better than last night. It's true. Last night was grim for sure. Hopefully my next post will be from home sweet home and the news about Dad will be even better.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


1 comment:
Hang in there Ann! I'm praying for you both.
Post a Comment