Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh No, LoLo!

I stayed up way too late watching the Olympics last night. The whole deal needs to end. Now.
I don't have the discipline needed to go on much longer without enough sleep and I don't have the money to buy a DVR....

But, I can't help myself...it is too riveting. How often can you say that you watched human drama unfold before your eyes that included blood, sweat and tears? Ok....so Survivor is kind of like that and so is the Ms. America Pageant, sure....but I like this better.

Last night was the 100 meter Hurdle finals. LoLo Jones was the favorite. She got off to a bad start but had caught the pack by the 5th hurdle or so and was a step or two ahead even...she looked fantastic...until she hit the 9th hurdle, somehow did not fall and still got over 10 but she finished in 7th place. How heartbreaking. I am still depressed for her. She was a class act. The Australian was jumping around like she was Usain Bolt and she didn't even win. Not a class act. Then to add to the emotional roller coaster...it was also the Balance Beam finals. Ok. I am a huge gymnastics fan. I have been since I was a kid. I saw Nadia get her perfect 10's in person....or well on TV.....and taped delayed of course. But still. I was a part of it. So there.

I was torn about whom (who? - I never know when it is appropriate to add an M to who) to cheer for....Shawn Johnson or Nastia. Shawn won (I hope you didn't DVR it and were hoping to watch it later today and be surprised - if so ...sorry for the spoiler). She deserved it and is such a little cutie. Nastia did an outstanding job too. Awesome TV. I wish the Olympics happened every year!

Ok. Enough about the Olympics.

Oh. I have nothing else to talk about because I have been obsessed with the Olympics. I will try to get a life.....as soon as the Olympics are over.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

Oh, how I'm going to miss the Olympics...what will I do until midnight every night?? Oh, wait, school starts on Monday! That answers that...

Unknown said...

I had heard earlier in the day that Shawn won and I was still nervous when I watched it that night! I cried at least four times and I think Madi is a little worried about me. When they showed Shawn's parents, well, I cried like a baby!