Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Vinny It Is!

Break time again. :)

I thought I should officially announce the Jersey Boy's name. Vinny. He is a good Vinny.

Last night I was looking out the window and Vinny and Victor (the other Jersey bull that is three times Vinny's size) were bull fighting. I thought I really should go get a picture but .... the Olympics.....I couldn't tear myself away. They were about to show the Women's 100 meter finals. I couldn't take the chance of missing it and we have not graduated to a DVR yet. Maybe by the next Olympics we will. I really wanted to call my friend, Brenda to see if she was watching so we could color commentate on the race....but the race only took 10 seconds so I wasn't sure how much color we could interject in that time. Brenda was a sprinter. A really good one. She was fun to watch and I never saw her get beat in the 100....I am not sure she ever was beat.

John is "flushing" the champion cow today. This will be the last time....unless he changes his mind. She is 17 now. This will be the culmination of several months work and timing and planning etc. He has a group of recip cows waiting to be implanted with embryos today too. Kindof exciting. I would like to be a spectator and photographer...but work interferes yet again.

Cole is on his very last day of summer break. John tried to tell him last night that he should go to bed early to start to get in shape for school....crazy talk. Cole went to bed alright....with a DVD to watch until who knows when. :) We got his school supplies out last night and he had most of the things on his list already except for a few things that need replaced. He and John will go to Walmart today and hopefully stop by the Barber too! There is always a list of last minute things to do it seems.

I am excited for the college kids to get here. Kurty is coming back. I don't call him Kurty to his face...well...I guess I did once, but I try not to. I love Kurty. He is a good worker and a good eater. He is a pleasure to cook for. John says after Kurty graduates he won't hire another college kid. Kurty has ruined him and he expects only to be disappointed with subsequent helpers.

Shoni is coming too. That will be fun. She will be busy with school and all but we will get to see her sometimes I'm sure and her mama will probably come up to visit sometimes too.

The energy and activity is an adjustment for this one stoplight town but it is so nice to see them all come to school, excited and ready for college.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! What do I win? :0)

All About Ann said...

You win a jersey bull calf!
I regret to inform you that shipping is not included in the prize so you will need to make arrangements for delivery. Congratulations Jan! :)

Unknown said...

Ann, I am so addicted to the Olympics! I want to watch all of the events......yes, even ping pong! I cry during the award ceremonies, for both the winners and the losers! I jump and scream and shout during all tight races. I am AMAZED by Usain Bolt. My word he is amazing! My friend Karen is there. Yes, there is China. Hard to believe. Gotta go watch the Olympics!
Brenda
I lost three times. Twice to Anita Stephen....districts and state, and by someone else, don't remember, but I fell at the start. I still don't like to talk about it. Makes be crabby! I don't believe you lost much either! :)

Lianne said...

How's Lilianne doing? Or..maybe it was a different name, because I don't think it's been 8 years...would that be right? What's the name of French cow/bull...? I'm ashamed that I've forgotten...

Anonymous said...

Pierre was the bulls name produced by one of the Lilianne cows. The Liliannes, unlike their name sake are lacking maternal function/excellence and are culling themselves into extinction. A great hope arose in the cow family this year but at calving it was determined that she had inferior mammary structure (not sure if this is a problem with her French heritage) and the hope quickly faded.