We are going to Denver today.
On vacation.
I know. We NEVER do this. How fun is that!
Of course, we are not gone yet and John is "checking things" so if he finds that the neighbors bull has in fact climbed the fence to get to our cows that we are not wanting bred quite yet....then things could change. But I would say we are about 60% good to go. The milk cow has been farmed out to a neighbor that will milk her while we are gone, the chickens will have feed and water but the doors will be open full time so 'Survival Chicken' is on, the dogs and cats will have feed and water enough to keep them from influencing the chicken survival, and everything else is at this moment in the right pasture with grass and water available. Whew!
I was thinking that it would be nice just once to decide to go on vacation and the only thing you have to do is shut the door behind you. But then, why would you really need a vacation?
I have been put in charge of planning. The outlet Mall at Loveland happens to be right on our way so we will stop there. :) We have a room at a downtown motel but not right downtown....just kindof downtown....it has free parking and a shuttle to downtown stuff. We are going to go to Casa Bonita for supper tonight. Tomorrow we are going to Elitch Gardens (six Flags amusement park) and it has a Water Park too. Tomorrow night I think we will take in downtown and eat at the Cheesecake Factory. Friday we can tour a candy factory and if they have space....maybe the Denver Mint. Then we will head home and again will have to go right by the Outlet Malls so that way I can return my purchases. :)
If that bull is in or if something goes wrong with something else then it is all over. In that case - I will be cleaning, ironing, sorting, etc. Hmmm....doesn't sound nearly as fun.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment