John was asked to drive Doc Gamby's team for the Harvest Party this week. He cleared his schedule to make it happen. John really loves being a teamster. In fact, I predict that someday, he will have his own team and wagon. He gets a lot of enjoyment and relaxation from this little side hobby.
Maynard and Jane are Belgians and Maynard is the one you can see. Jane is a little smaller so she is invisible. Jane lost an eye a few years ago....a rare eye disorder...it just sort of atrophied. She does ok though. Maynard is quite a flake at times but Jane keeps him honest. They actually do really well in town with all the activity. There were people in costumes walking around and cars whizzing past and kids (Cole and Mitch) running around and jumping out to scare the passengers, and Maynard and Jane were fine with it all.
I think it would be fun for retired John and Ann to take the horse and buggy to town on a Saturday afternoon/evening and just cruise around....maybe give some rides for the heck of it and just enjoy the ability to be eccentric.
One tip though.....John says no one ever takes care of the teamster....he thinks the teamster would like a glass of tea or coke and a candy bar once in a while......it's not like he can put it in park and help himself. So please....please have a care for all those hungry and thirsty teamsters out there!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



1 comment:
Ann, I did the flower survey thingy........and I am a snapdragon. And..........I love snapdragons, they along with zinnia's are my favorites! Weird.
Post a Comment