There was a cleaning lady at work on the house already! So I don't know what to do. I am out of ideas. I guess the cleaning lady comes twice a week. She even does laundry. She asked if I wanted her to clean my room and bathroom and I just said "No, I can do that." She seems pretty nice. She is very efficient. I offered to help and she didn't really need any help. She has a good system down it seems.
Jolene called and wanted to go to "The Natural" tonight at the movies. I told her maybe I could go tomorrow night instead. Today is Chole's birthday and we are having her dinner party tonight. I don't want to miss it.
Susan called and she is coming home early to get set up for the party. She had me put some potatoes on to boil for salad. I decided to fix some lunch...but the frig is so full of food that it is hard to decide what to have....it is like a grocery store in there!
It's been cool today....kind of a wet cool that goes right through you and chills you to the bone. Good thing I like to wear sweatshirts!
The kitchen has a big window facing the street and I can see the house across the street. GrandMoriah owns the house and rents it out. Michael lives there so I guess he is not an 'undesirable'. He is actually a writer and is about 30-ish. He has a girlfriend in Italy. He is going there for a month in August to see her. He is nice.
I feel like going shopping. I would like to get some clothes like they wear here. Things seem expensive though. Susan said the prices will go up as the summer goes on because this is a tourist area. She says that the area quadruples in size during the summer.
I am covered with mosquito bites. (This is picture of the Brook beside Cramer's house)
The brook that runs down beside the house to the harbor is infested with them. Yesterday they girls and I climbed up to the falls and were going to sit under it but the water was too cold and that's when the mosquitoes got us.My feet are scraped and bruised from all the rocks and shells in the harbour, from pushing the girls in the raft. But, it is too much fun to stop going in the water.
LATER:
I made the potato salad for tonight and it turned out ok. Not nearly as good as Mom's - but her's is the best I have ever had.
Susan says she is going to teach me to cook this summer. I would rather avoid that but I should let her. All of her foods are pretty. They are decorated with parsley and everything is just perfect. She made the bologna slices look like a rare gourmet delicacy tonight!
Anyway, we had a picnic supper. GrandMoriah and Bernice came over. We SET the picnic table! Real plates, silver, cloth napkins - the works. It all went well.
Susan came home from work at 3:30 so I really didn't have to do anything by myself. She is fun and easy to talk to. I asked for tomorrow night off to go to the movie with Jolene and she said that was just fine. She is calling the Yacht Club tomorrow to set up sailing lessons for Chloe and I.
Carl's cousin is coming this weekend - maybe. She has a daughter who is a senior in high school. Susan says she is nice but a little....unbalanced. Sounds interesting. She lived in Spain for 3 years. I guess she is very smart, writes poetry and short stories that are 'brilliant' as Susan put it.
Chole is having a slumber party on Saturday so this weekend seems like it will be exciting.
After the Dinner Party:
Tonight Grandmoriah was so funny. She was telling everyone about one of her "young nephews" who is into 'Streak-Dancing'. For 15 minutes or so she talked on and on about it. Everyone just acted like they knew what streak-dancing was until finally Bernice said "I believe it is call 'Flash-Dancing'" and Grandmoriah said "Oh yes, yes, of course it is dear. Oh well, streak-dancing, flash-dancing - it's all the same to me you know!" She's cool.
Chloe got a walkman for her birthday and she let Grandmoriah listen to it. She loved it and now she and Bernice are going to Rockland tomorrow to get one for her.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment