Shoo Fly Pie is not something that I would recommend reading if you were eating. Or if you were thinking about eating. Or if you have just eaten. It is a little disgustingly and wonderfully graphic in regards to forensic pathology. Especially entomological forensics.
If you really like CSI and other forensic type shows....you will probably really like Shoo Fly Pie. If those shows leave you in a cold sweat and taking small rapid breaths to stave off the nausea....this book would be a pass.
I wouldn't say that it taught me any great spiritual lessons, although it is categorized as Christian Fiction.
I would say that it is very well written. The characters are quirky and interesting and likeable.
I am currently reading the second Tim Downs book and it is very good as well with really great dialogue and smart snappy little relationships.
I have learned more than I wanted to know about the role of insects in decomposing....ummm....things. But I am a sucker for a good mystery and interesting plots.
I would cautiously recommend Shoo Fly Pie by Tim Downs.
It is a book that I will read again and that is the ultimate litmus test for me.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment