I don't know why it has been so hard for me to post about our Denver trip! It really was a fun time!
So tonight I am finally going to finish it up.
Day Two started with me checking online for ticket prices for Elitch Gardens (Six Flags) and finding that we were going on Throwback Thursday! That meant that our tickets would be $9.99 a piece instead of $34.99 a piece. One problem. You had to print out the coupon from the website. I didn't have a printer.
So I called the front desk and they had a "Business" office that was complimentary to guests and although there was a line waiting to use it at that time, the front desk girl suggested that I come down about 9. I did and no one was even in there and I was able to print out 3 coupons. That pretty much made the whole day for me. In fact, I wouldn't have even had to actually go to the Amusement park! :)
We had decided the night before that we would take advantage of the Motels Shuttle service and avoid driving in the traffic and also avoid a parking charge at Elitch's.
The shuttle ride was one of the more thrilling rides we had that day. No kidding. I don't mean "fun-thrilling"....I mean "scary-thrilling". I was too busy holding onto the seat in front of me to even get my seat belt buckled....but I was sure we were all going to die. Our driver said he had never been in an accident and he had been driving for eight years. Hard to believe. He was really nice though and gave us the great advice of going directly to the water park side and renting a locker before we did anything else. Good tip.
The first ride we went on was the wooden roller coaster.
It was very tall and fast but at no time did you go upside down. That was important to some of us.
It was very tall and fast but at no time did you go upside down. That was important to some of us. 
We did not go on this one....

or this one...for obvious reasons.

It was just a two-seater so I was the odd man out. I was actually kindof pumped about that and decided that I could just walk back down the way we came and meet the fellas at the exit. They protested and I stayed in line. As a single. Humiliating. Fortunately another mom was also a single and we ended up in a car together. We buckled in and she promptly informed me that she was a 'screamer'. I withheld the fact that I have very bad motion sickness and that I sometimes even get car sick when I am driving. I didn't think she needed the burden. She was a screamer....boy. Actually I got to laughing pretty hard at her screaming that I didn't even feel all that sick. We were a good pair.
We went on a swinging ship ride that seemed milder but we all agreed that we had misjudged it.

So we decided to go even tamer for our next ride and chose the Ferris wheel. It was enclosed cages that could seat 5 or 6 people and we thought it would be a nice relaxing way to keep having fun but allow our stomachs to catch back up to us.

This is about where Cole revealed that he thought maybe he was afraid of heights!
So we switched to the water rides and proceeded to get soaked beyond belief. My camera got wet and quit me for the rest of the trip. 


After we were soaked,
we decided that we may as well head on over to the water park side and we really had a nice time there. Cole really liked the wave pool and boogie boarding on that and we all liked the lazy river. We just rode tubes around and around.....slow and relaxing and fun.
we decided that we may as well head on over to the water park side and we really had a nice time there. Cole really liked the wave pool and boogie boarding on that and we all liked the lazy river. We just rode tubes around and around.....slow and relaxing and fun. We really did have a great time. We were pretty bushed after our full day and we went to bed pretty early and headed home the next day. It rained on us pretty much the whole way home.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment