Tomorrow is Chloe's birthday. She will be ten.
The women don't wear bras here. The older women do but most of the other women that I have seen or met don't. I don't know about girls my age yet. I haven't met any of those here.
I know all the pets' names now. Leda is the collie, Chestnut is the inside cat, Kaykay is the outside cat, Pierre and Packy are the parakeets.
It is hot again today. Nobody (except Grandmoriah) has air conditioning because there is usually a cool breeze - or so I am told. Some people here are really suffering. It just feels normal to me.
I just did some ironing. I have to keep up on my wash since I don't have much to wear! Carl called the airline last night and they said the CHANCES are that they would LOCATE my luggage in the next 24 hours! Sunday, they said they would have it by today. I hope they find it!
Jolene is coming over today. We are going shopping, sight seeing and she wants to lay out at the beach because she says they have no sand at her house....just rocks.
Claire is downstairs cooking a cake. She cooks constantly. Her boyfriend is coming from Boston today and she leaves tomorrow. I wish she'd stay all summer.
PM - Jolene and I went to Camden this afternoon. It is a 10-15 minute drive but it's not very far - in fact you can't tell Camden from Rockport....it just takes forever to get anywhere because of traffic. the speed limit is mainly 25. Most of the streets are weird...like, not square and sometimes an intersection is more than 4 points. The streets are narrow too. Anyway - we went shopping. If I don't get my luggage back I am going to need lots of new clothes. I only have one pair of shorts that aren't dressy and people seem to dress up a bit here. I bought T-shirts for Ben and Jim, postcards and a Father's day card.

Downtown Camden, Maine
We went to Tammy's restaurant for lunch. Her restaurant is like a deli in the upstairs of an old mill. There is an outside deck over the wheel that turns in the river. It is pretty cool. Downstairs they have several shops.
Babe, Claire's boyfriend came today and will take her back to Boston tomorrow. I am going to miss her. We had spaghetti for supper. It was really good. I took Chloe and Morgan out on the harbour in a little raft tonight. I just pushed them around. I only went waist deep. The water was very cold and the rocks on bottom hurt my feet. Chloe was looking for mussels. We found millions of them.
The girls are well behaved. They go to bed at 8:30 and aren't show offs or pests. The only thing is that they don't pick up after themselves at all. But if you specifically tell them to pick up every item they will do it.
I'm glad I don't have to watch babies. Thomas is a really good baby and hardly ever cries but I would get tired of never having a conversation. The girls are fun to talk to and hang out with. They say some really cute and funny things.
Carl and Susan are going out tonight and I am supposed to put the girls to bed by 8pm. That sounds early but it is dark here by 8:30 so it doesn't seem that bad.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment