I got a new stove. No. I did not want a new stove....just like I did not want a new freezer earlier this summer. But I had to do it. My old stove let me down one time too many.
The first time it let me down was October 2002. I put a roast in for Sunday dinner and had invited two families to eat with us after church. We ended up getting carryout pizza after discovering that my oven did not ever pass "warm" that day.
Since then it has been worked on 3 or 4 different times and had several things replaced with the optimistic report that it should "be good to go for a lot of years now". Then it would fail me again. It failed me so often that I had developed the habit of waiting for it to preheat before I even started mixing a cake or starting dough. I had a little thermometer hanging in there so that I could double check the temperature because it was so erratic.
The frustrating thing is that it was a new stove in 2002. I think it was just a lemon.
So I bit the bullet the other day, after it left me hanging once again, and I bought a new one.
I really like it. 
It is gas. I love cooking with gas. It is on when it is on and it is off when it is off. That really does make sense and all of us gas stove lovers know it.
I have also been without electricity enough in my life to know the value of being able to light a burner and warm up some soup for lunch.
I love the cast iron grates and I really love the cast iron griddle in the middle. I have used it a lot already.
The middle burner is oblong so the griddle gets evenly hot. I really love that.
Overall, I am really pleased with my new stove. I just wish I had bought this one in 2002 instead of the one that now sits in the dump.
.jpg)


2 comments:
Oh, I would LOVE a gas stove! We're getting one when we build our dream home! ;)
jealous...
Post a Comment