Sunday, November 2, 2008

Little Joe Pat


I have pretty much neglected the other horses in my blog. My only excuse is that Blondie and Teddy are right south of the house in a pasture that I drive through to get home and I can see them from my dining room. They are just handy.

Today I went to 'the south place' with John to keep him company while he started the well on the 'big tank' for the cows in the West Center pasture.

We stopped to feed Little Joe Pat who is imprisoned in the corral at the south place.

He is a beauty. He was bred and born and raised here. He is a product of Josie and Cloudy. Neither of them are still living here but Josie has two offspring still here and this is Cloudy's one and only offspring. Little Joe Pat looks like his mama but is colored like his papa. John really likes him. He is turning into a good little cowhorse.

The name? Well....his original name was just Pat. He got that name because even though he was born in a little pasture right by our house....it was several days before he were able to tell if he was a he or a she. His mama was protective and he was very small and shy. So....we named him Pat....after the Saturday Night Live skit. The name would work on either sex.

But John didn't really like the name Pat and when he started working with him a couple years later, he decided to change it to Little Joe. But the Pat wouldn't go away, so he is Little Joe Pat.

He does a really good Wilson impersonation.

I have never ridden Little Joe Pat. John has claimed him for his next 'go to' horse. He is not completely broke yet....but John is really excited about him and likes him a lot.

They make a good team.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lianne said...

I really like the name "Little Joe Pat". It's catchy. :)

Lianne said...

Wasn't there a post about Denver? I saw it..was going to read it later...and now I can't find it...