This is the weekend.
The big push is on to get the kitchen walls finished up and ready for my new cupboards which are coming on Monday.
John and Cole worked on getting one set of cupboards down yesterday and did quite a bit of sanding.
When I got home from work John and I finished up the sanding and I was able to get the next coat of mud on the windows.
John is not a big fan of home improvement projects. He looks a little pale....don't you think?
The wall that the cupboards will go on is very close to done. I just have some touch up sanding to do when we take the old cupboards out.
I didn't think we would even be this far into the project by now. So.....now I want to even get farther. I think it would be absolutely wonderful to get the texture on before the cupboards go up. I might have a touch up here or there afterward but that is ok.
Ann: "See that corner area up there? That needs to be sanded down even more on all of these windows."
BRRRINNG!
John: "Oh I'll get it! It is probably a very important call."
(I am kidding. John was a good help and a great sport. I just like to tease him. )
OTHER NEWS....
Cole brought in the kittens last night at dark so they could hang out with him. "Just for tonight....plllleeeeaaassee?" He is pretty well bonded up with them.
I predict that Cole will want to bring them in for tonight and Sunday night as well. I also predict that I will be ok with that.
They really are cute. Now they are in the playful stage where they like to wrestle around with each other. He will probably post some pictures of them on his blog sometime.
The Mudroom War is over. A cease and desist order was given by the Supreme Commander of our house (John) and all the army men had their fort dismantled and put away and then the men themselves along with their equipment were piled in their tote. Hopefully peace will last this time.
.jpg)


2 comments:
Monday: Is today the big day? Don't forget to post pics of the new cupboards! Looking forward to seeing them live and in person.
They are beautiful! Lots of great room. The walls are great....You could go into the contracting business. Love, mom
Post a Comment