
I'm sitting in the Omaha Airport with Jo waiting for our plane to come and take us to Maine for the summer. Suddenly I feel unsure about all this and not so grown up as I did when I decided to be a nanny this summer.
The plane is here now and people are getting on and off and hugging and kissing each other. I am homesick already. I wish someone would have come with me...but I might have changed my mind about going.
We're on the plane now. I got a window seat! Pretty lucky! At Chicago, when we switch planes, Jo and I don't sit together. When we checked our baggage in at Omaha - the lady gave ME all the claim tickets because I looked like the responsible one....she didn't actually say that....but I know she was thinking it. I am sitting by one of the 4 EXITS. I guess I should feel safe. The pilot just talked to us and he is a SHE!
Well, we made it to Chicago and flew over Lake Michigan. It is VERY BIG! There are lots of boats and big skyscrapers. the airport was HUGE but we made the switch okay. I am in a middle seat between two ladies now. One is grouchy. She is reading and very elegant looking. I shouldn't say she's grouchy but I said "hi" and she didn't say anything. I hate it when people do that. The other lady is very nice and is talking to me a lot. She is a nurse from Maine so she'll fly all the way to Bangor with us. She says Rockport Maine is very beautiful and she says she hopes that I like ocean and seagulls! I hope so too.
I'm hungry. On the flight from Omaha to Chicago they fed us Coke and peanuts. I ate my peanuts, and I don't even like peanuts - that's how hungry I am. This flight will take 3 hours. I want to take a nap but I don't want to miss anything.
We're in Syracuse, New York now. We don't have to switch planes - just let people on and off. The grouchy lady got off. I did sleep awhile and we flew over Niagara Falls - I missed it. Jo said it was so foggy you couldn't see them anyway. There are lots of trees here and it's flat. I saw a couple of plots that looked like farm ground but Nice-Maine-Nurse-Lady said it's too rocky here to farm much.
Our pilot is being sociable while we are waiting for people to get on, but only with the people in First Class. Oh....forget that - he just came in here. He asked me if my ears are cold (I have my headphones on). He talked to Nice-Maine-Nurse-Lady the most and asked where he should go to eat lobster. He said he doesn't like lobster much but he has to eat lobster in Maine just like he has to eat steak in Nebraska!
No one has taken the grouchy one's place and the plane is pretty empty now. We are taking off and I am feeling very dizzy.....(Looooong pause)
I had a totally miserable trip from Syracuse to Bangor. I puked (sorry all you weak stomach people) five times - two barf bags worth. I still don't feel good either. I could have moved and sat up by Jo for a while but I doubt she would have been thrilled. Thank goodness Nice-Maine-Nurse-Lady decided to move to an empty window seat and I could puke in peace.
We finally landed in Bangor. It is a pretty small airport so we found Susan (the mom of the family I nannied for) and Tammy (Jolene's cousin and the mom of the family she nannied for) right away. My first impression of Susan is that she dresses like the artist that she is. Short pants, baggy shirt, weird socks that don't match her outfit, and plastic jelly shoes. She is thin and tall and pretty in an artist sort of way.
We went to claim our baggage....mine is lost. So much for being the responsible one.
Susan drove us from Bangor to Rockport in their new van. I sat on the floor with my head on the seat and prayed I wouldn't puke again. It took us about 1 1/2 hours to get to Rockport. I don't think it was super far but you can't drive very fast because there are a lot of towns and they are so close together. We I asked how far it was - I got answered in minutes instead of miles.
We finally arrived in Rockport! Jo and Tammy left for their house. I wish Jo was in the same town as me. It is late and Chole (10) and Morgan (7) are already in bed. Carl (the dad) and Susan's mom were waiting up for us but I was so tired that I went right to my room. My room is the whole upstairs. I have my own bathroom up here and a TV.
The plane is here now and people are getting on and off and hugging and kissing each other. I am homesick already. I wish someone would have come with me...but I might have changed my mind about going.
We're on the plane now. I got a window seat! Pretty lucky! At Chicago, when we switch planes, Jo and I don't sit together. When we checked our baggage in at Omaha - the lady gave ME all the claim tickets because I looked like the responsible one....she didn't actually say that....but I know she was thinking it. I am sitting by one of the 4 EXITS. I guess I should feel safe. The pilot just talked to us and he is a SHE!
Well, we made it to Chicago and flew over Lake Michigan. It is VERY BIG! There are lots of boats and big skyscrapers. the airport was HUGE but we made the switch okay. I am in a middle seat between two ladies now. One is grouchy. She is reading and very elegant looking. I shouldn't say she's grouchy but I said "hi" and she didn't say anything. I hate it when people do that. The other lady is very nice and is talking to me a lot. She is a nurse from Maine so she'll fly all the way to Bangor with us. She says Rockport Maine is very beautiful and she says she hopes that I like ocean and seagulls! I hope so too.
I'm hungry. On the flight from Omaha to Chicago they fed us Coke and peanuts. I ate my peanuts, and I don't even like peanuts - that's how hungry I am. This flight will take 3 hours. I want to take a nap but I don't want to miss anything.
We're in Syracuse, New York now. We don't have to switch planes - just let people on and off. The grouchy lady got off. I did sleep awhile and we flew over Niagara Falls - I missed it. Jo said it was so foggy you couldn't see them anyway. There are lots of trees here and it's flat. I saw a couple of plots that looked like farm ground but Nice-Maine-Nurse-Lady said it's too rocky here to farm much.
Our pilot is being sociable while we are waiting for people to get on, but only with the people in First Class. Oh....forget that - he just came in here. He asked me if my ears are cold (I have my headphones on). He talked to Nice-Maine-Nurse-Lady the most and asked where he should go to eat lobster. He said he doesn't like lobster much but he has to eat lobster in Maine just like he has to eat steak in Nebraska!
No one has taken the grouchy one's place and the plane is pretty empty now. We are taking off and I am feeling very dizzy.....(Looooong pause)
I had a totally miserable trip from Syracuse to Bangor. I puked (sorry all you weak stomach people) five times - two barf bags worth. I still don't feel good either. I could have moved and sat up by Jo for a while but I doubt she would have been thrilled. Thank goodness Nice-Maine-Nurse-Lady decided to move to an empty window seat and I could puke in peace.
We finally landed in Bangor. It is a pretty small airport so we found Susan (the mom of the family I nannied for) and Tammy (Jolene's cousin and the mom of the family she nannied for) right away. My first impression of Susan is that she dresses like the artist that she is. Short pants, baggy shirt, weird socks that don't match her outfit, and plastic jelly shoes. She is thin and tall and pretty in an artist sort of way.
We went to claim our baggage....mine is lost. So much for being the responsible one.
Susan drove us from Bangor to Rockport in their new van. I sat on the floor with my head on the seat and prayed I wouldn't puke again. It took us about 1 1/2 hours to get to Rockport. I don't think it was super far but you can't drive very fast because there are a lot of towns and they are so close together. We I asked how far it was - I got answered in minutes instead of miles.
We finally arrived in Rockport! Jo and Tammy left for their house. I wish Jo was in the same town as me. It is late and Chole (10) and Morgan (7) are already in bed. Carl (the dad) and Susan's mom were waiting up for us but I was so tired that I went right to my room. My room is the whole upstairs. I have my own bathroom up here and a TV.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment