Cole turns 14 today.
We just had to get out his birth certificate to see the exact time that he was born. I said it was 6:18 pm and he said it was 6:30 pm.
We were both wrong. 6:19 pm. :)
One birthday tradition we have for him is that we buy him a shirt (usually a jersey) with his age on it.
This year I could not find a number 14 jersey anywhere so I had to have Outlaw Printers put 14 on the back of a Cardinal Football T-shirt. It works. If I were on the ball I would buy the next few years right now instead of waiting to the last minute. I predict that I will not do that. I predict that I am 100% right on that prediction. I am sometimes extremely clairvoyant that way. 
We actually celebrated Cole's birthday yesterday.
We rented a cabin at the State Park and had a little birthday party out there and stayed the night. It was really nice. Quiet. Peaceful. Devoid of electronics.
Cole's little buddy Mitch stayed with us. He is a good kid.
Grandma Vicki, Gary, Shoni and Davin all came out for pizza and cake and ice cream.
The men started a superb fire,
the kids and Grandma rode bikes,
and later when everyone else had gone home for the night...Cole, John, Mitch and I had a rousing game of LIFE. John was the winner. Then we hit the sack.
This morning was beautiful
and more bike riding ensued
along with a paddle boat excursion,
a near tragic car/bike (almost) collision and the neat, neat challenge (hi Lianne!) of trying to fit everything in the van including two bikes! 
Happy Birthday to Cole!
.jpg)


2 comments:
Don't forget the second day Dad, Mitch, and me rode the big lupe around the state park.
Ha! Aren't neat challenges...neat? :) That looks like a really fun birthday! Maybe you could plan my next birthday celebration?...May 9...my 30th. I want an Ann-planned celebration!
Post a Comment