Sunday, March 21, 2010

From the Nanny Files - Thursday, June 28, 1984

We are in Portland now. It was a long bus ride. Two and half hours. I got up at 6:30 this morning and was all ready to go but Susan forgot to get Morgan up and she needed to get cash for the trip so we waited and took the 11 am bus.

Hillary and I have been watching TV. The girls are playing outside. Boo is at work and Ned, her fella, should be home soon. He is getting back from South Carolina today - he is salesman for LL Bean. Boo has her own company. She designed and made a baby bag....sort of a snowsuit carrying thingy. She patented it and now she supplies retail stores with them.

We stopped in every town on the way here on the bus to pick up and leave off people. On two of the stops police officers got on and searched the bus - including the bathrooms. I asked Hillary if they always do that and she said there is an escaped convict on the loose that they are probably looking for. Great!

Portland is BIG! Boo's house is big too. Hillary is nice. She seems a lot older than 15. She wears funky clothes - lots of bracelets and long dangly earrings.

I'm hungry. All they have here is health food. I thought we would eat when we got here. I made Morgan a lunch and put it in her Snoopy lunch pail. When Susan walked us to the Camden Bus stop she asked if she could carry anything for Morgan. So Morgan hands her the Snoopy lunch pail. :) So there's Susan looking very sophisticated in her business suit and with her leather purse in one hand and a Snoopy lunch pail in the other! A lot of people looked twice!

LATER - It's midnight. Hillary and I just got home from the movies. We went to a theatre place that had 10 shows. We saw 'The Karate Kid'. Before the movie Boo took us around to see some sights then dropped us off at the theatre. After the show we came home in a Taxi! I have never ridden in a taxi before. Our driver said "nice night" three times before we got home. He wasn't much on small talk. He made a wrong turn so he didn't charge us as much as the meter said. Fer a while there I thought he was trying to kidnap us. He was a little on the creepy side. Hillary thought so too.

No comments: