Friday, March 19, 2010

Ew.

Max (the puppy) and Rex (the dog) are really good friends now.
They play all the time. Wrestling, chasing cats, barking at the cows, exploring the creek and their favorite game of all....they play stick.

The stick game starts when one of the two grabs a stick in his mouth and starts to run. The other one will give chase and get the stick or pick it up and become "it". Those are all the elements of the game. They love it and play it all the time.

The other night I got home at dusk and the dogs took time out of their stick game to greet me as I got out of the car. Rex was still holding the stick and as I petted him and told him what a good doggie he is I got to thinking that they might like it if I threw the stick and they could go find it.

So I grabbed ahold of the stick and Rex opened his mouth and let me have it. The stick felt weird....like the bark was shredded or something....so before I threw it I looked at it closer and it had...... a hoof.

Yes.

It was part of a deer leg.

Ew.

I dropped it and went to the house.

I don't like the stick game.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Moral of the story: never touch anything your dog brings you after dark...