Tuesday, March 23, 2010

From the Nanny Files - Friday, June 29, 1984

I didn't sleep well last night. Hillary and I slept on an air mattress on the living room floor. It was comfortable enough but I think the real problem was the noise. The interstate is close to here and so is the airport. I have gotten used to the sound of the ocean.

Morgan and Jesse went down the street to a friend's house. We played tag and went to the park this morning. They have a duck pond in the park that has fountains and there are lots and lots of ducks. There is a little house on an island in the middle of the duck pond for the ducks. I guess it would be a Duck House. The water is really scummy and gross....dirty ducks.

I am ready to go back to Rockport. Hillary is leaving tonight so I will get the bed to myself but I wish she wasn't leaving. We have been having a good time.

When Boo came home we took Hillary to the bus stop and mailed some letters. Then we came home and the girls and I planted a flowerbed. It turned out pretty nifty.

Ned got home later and we went swimming at the YMCA. After we were done we went downtown to a restaurant called FONEBONES. It was kind of of a hamburger and fries type of place and it was really good. The decor was 1930's or 40's with pictures of actors and actresses and singers that were popular then and the music playing was from that period also. While we were waiting for our food a man came over and started talking to Ned. He had been with a big group of people - about 20 or so- that were celebrating because he and the others are members of the communist party and they successfully got two of their candidates on the November ballot! WHAT! It really gave me a funny feeling - I had never thought about our freedom going so far as to be free to be a communist! I don't really know how to feel about that so it really made me think.

When we were walking back to the car Ned walked under a sign and hit it with his hand and pretended like he had hit it with his head. Boo totally fell for it and tried to help him to the car! :)

No comments: