I was the project boss and John was the willing brawny assistant.
This is not his idea of fun.
He hates to have to work with tools and he hates the mess...especially in the kitchen.
And it was a mess. But John hung in there and really sacrificed his time to help me get the project to the next phase!
Drywall mud that is sanded into a fine dust is unbelievably messy. I still have dust settling in the farthest rooms from the kitchen. I can tell it is drywall dust because it is whiter than the regular dust that it is laying on! Sad. But true. I have had to ignore lots of things in order to keep this project done. Hopefully it will be worth it!
Ok. To bring us all back up to speed.
We mudded and we sanded and re-mudded and re-sanded and in some cases re-mudded yet again and re-sanded. I won't say it would win any ribbons at Fair....but the end result was decent enough for us.
We took down the old cupboards and had to find a home for their contents.
The living room was the obvious choice.....at least for the cupboard stuff. The yard served as the holding area for everything else.
We taped the windows and outlets in preparation for applying the texture.
This part was often held up by an interesting article that was several weeks old. :)
Something about it being hung up captured our attention. At one point I even said "Hey we should send this article to your buddy Travis. Crazy Talk! That is not the only crazy moment I had during this project either. There was plenty of crazy to go around. I will tell you all about it sometime. Soon.
The windows looked really cool taped up with the sun shining through the tape.
The next step was to mix the texture.
I will save that for Part II.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment