My last update said there would not be a 4th update forthcoming. So I am calling this one 3.5.
The over the frig cupboard is in and 1/2 of the window sills are done. 
Oh yes. They look good. They match really well with the wood blinds too. And.....as a bonus.....we hung up the shadow box with Grandma's tea towels.
It was very hard to get that done. The shadow box weighs about 30 pounds and the tea towels are oldies but goodies with a nice weight to them as well. So.....we had to find studs.....center the box on the wall and install hanger dealies (you know what I mean) then get it up there. We started the process last night and finished this morning. I know, I know.....how many Dockweilers does it take to hang a shadow box! Or more correctly....how many hours does it take two Dockweilers to hang a shadow box? I don't want to talk about it.
But it is just like I wanted. I love it. We worked hard and I was so proud of the final product. I wanted my husband to affirm my great idea for showcasing his Grandma's tea towels.
So, I expectantly asked....what do you think?
He said...."It's a knick-knack paddy wack."
WHAT! HMMMPHHF!
I like Friday's towel the best. That poor little critter look plumb worn out! That is how I feel on Fridays during the school year!
I love my new - ish little kitchen. I still have a few more things to do but I am hanging up the tool belt for now and will concentrate on lawn and garden projects until it the hot summer days drive me inside.
Come and visit and see the project in person!
.jpg)


1 comment:
Ann, The windows and over-the-fridge cupboard all look great, but I LOVE the shadow box!!! (not to mention the t-towels inside it...) Great idea.
Post a Comment