I am taking a break....pretty much in all aspects of my current "on break from work" lifestyle.
I got the first coat of 'mud' on the kitchen walls and used caulk to cover up most of the poor building skills of the trailer house staff. It will be fine. Just relax. I have sanded about 1/3 of the wall so far but I am now in the clean up mode and taking a break from all that.
It is a forced break but a welcome one. We are going to have company and while I have no problem subjecting my own small family to the irritation of fine joint compound dust everywhere and a messy kitchen, I refuse to make anyone else live that way. So....I am cleaning up and putting away and I have no idea what it will take to make me get it all back out once I have cleaned it up. I do know it will have to be considerable force.
John says we are in "party all the time mode". I don't think that is all bad but I think he is anxious for our regular scheduled lives to return.
Today we will go to Amanda and Jeremiah's for supper. They just moved into their newly built house and she is fixin' to fix us some grub in her brand spankin' new kitchen. I can't wait to see it! I have seen it in various stages of construction over the last nine months....but it is completely done now.
After supper we are going up to Lead and then will meet some friends there and go skiing tomorrow and ring in the new year with them. That should be fun too. Of course the next day is the Gator Bowl that we will watch here with friends and hopefully we will celebrate the first day of 2009 with a Husker victory. What better way to start a year off?
Oh no....we are not done....the party goes on....and on... We will go to Kearney for John's family Christmas on the 3rd. Whew! We ARE in "party all the time mode"!
It will soon come to a screeching halt as Cole's school resumes on the 5th and I return to work on the 6th. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


1 comment:
Happy New Year! Party on.
Post a Comment