This time of year the 'acquaintance greeting' changes from "How are you?" to "Are you ready for Christmas?"
I am not.
I have done zero shopping.
I have no good ideas.
I have no plans to get shopping done at this point.
This is not unique to 2008.
Why do I refuse to plan and get ready for the Christmas season!
I do not know but I have a few theories.
1) John has a December birthday. So my mind is taken up with the need to get him a gift and make his birthday special without lumping it into the holiday. His birthday is on the 9th and I truly can't seem to think beyond it until it is over.
2) No one really needs anything. It is fun to buy for the kids (nephews and nieces) but the rest of the people on my list truly are not in need and most of us buy what we want anyway.....so I am left with that terrible feeling of needing a gift that somehow conveys my appreciation for that person, doesn't clutter up their life, and doesn't cost more than is comfortable for them and for me. That is a lot of pressure.
3) I just want to relax and enjoy this time of year. I don't like crowds. I don't like shopping. I just want to get out a puzzle and watch football games and nap on the couch and eat salami and cheese and crackers.
So.....what to do.....
I don't know. I predict that I will get it together and do what is expected.....shop. I also predict that I will buy some salami and crackers and cheese and watch some football and nap on the couch.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


1 comment:
How's the shopping coming? You know there's some great shopping near where I live...just an idea... :)
Post a Comment