Cole makes me laugh.
It's true.
He is very literal and is a rule follower...to the letter....but not necessarily to the spirit of the law.
I get home about 4:30 from work. I had to make a rule that Cole could not ask me what was for supper the minute I walked in the door. I had to amend that rule to include the 30 minutes following after I walked in the door. I am considering an additional amendment because now he calls me at work about 3:30....to ask what I am thinking for supper. GRRRR. :)
So this afternoon he called me at work. Here is the conversation.
ME: "This is Ann"
COLE: "Hi Mom, it's Cole."
ME: "Hi Cole, you made it home huh?" (He walked home from school today because John is gone delivering bulls and won't be home until late tonight.)
COLE: "Yep"
ME: "Did you see any bears or lions?"
COLE: silence (He does not appreciate arbitrary questions.)
ME: "Hello? Are you there?"
COLE: "Uh Mom, I was going to see..."
ME: interrupting "Cole whatever you ask me I am going to say yes."
COLE: "What do you mean?"
ME: "I mean whatever you say next I will say yes to."
COLE: looong pause then... "Sweet.?"
ME: "So what did you want to ask me that I will say yes to?"
COLE: "I was going to see if you wanted to get oven pizza (aka Tony's Frozen Pizza) for supper tonight."
ME: "Yes."
COLE: "Cuz I thought you might be tired from work and...."
ME: "Yes I will stop and get oven pizza."
COLE: "Ok, cuz Dad is gone and that way you and I can just eat that and party. (aka watch TV and eat pizza in the living room and possibly - gasp- have Coca-Cola too.)
ME: "Yep....I said Yes."
COLE: "Ok."
ME: "Alrighty then, I will be home after I stop at the store."
COLE: "Ok...bye."
So. Can you tell my announcement that I would say yes to whatever he asked sort of blew his little mind? :) I love to do that. Amazingly he didn't take advantage of me either. Man, he could have asked for Pizza Hut pizza! :) He is a good boy.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment