I always think that I want to do a home improvement project on my time off. I am rethinking this.
What is the problem with just having time off? Why do I feel the need to do something productive? Do I have something against hiring my home improvement projects done? These are the questions burning holes into my brain. They go unanswered.
However, while I mull over my character flaws, I have been pressing on toward the goal of getting my kitchen walls redone. I have encountered several problems.
1. I didn't have enough joint compound (mud) and Walmart was out of the big buckets so I had to get little buckets and ran out again. We are headed into town, yet again, in a few minutes to get more little buckets.
2. The highly skilled and conscientious builders that work at the trailer house factory didn't have their game on when they built my humble little home. I realize now that the fake plastic-covered-by-wood-pattern-contact-paper trim boards were actually covering up a lot of.....ummm.......construction gaffes. This leaves me in a bind, since I am not a highly skilled construction type person, but I am - to my frustration - very conscientious. So I lack the skill to make it right but am driven to make it look good. Tough spot to be in.
So...I will try my very best and then strive to find lighting and hang pictures in such a way to cover up most of the really bad parts. The fact that I will texturize my walls is also important....that texturizing is really forgiving and can cover a multitude of sins.
And....I will dream about one day hiring a builder to all my home improvement projects for me. Or, better yet, I will one day not have any home improvement projects looming on the horizon.
That would be wonderful!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


2 comments:
Hang in there. (Not a real helpful comment, but hopefully encouraging just the same.)
I buy a lot of duck tape. Seems to work for most of my remodeling ventures, hence the gray overtones throughout my home:)
Carolyn
Post a Comment