I worked on the livingroom a little bit today. I am in the part of the process that takes a lot of time and it is not all that easy to tell that you did make progress.
But progress is being made all the same.
I took out the banister and for now am parking it in the mud room. I don't want to put it back in but I am getting some pressure from Cole to put it back because it was handy to hang stuff on it. That would be one of the reasons that I am not putting it back in. John said it had to pass the Grandma test....so one of these days when Grandma is here I have to see if she can get up the steps (only two of them) with just holding on to the counter. I am pretty sure she can.
I have all the bull nose done on the corners. I had to use a lot of screws. I had to do a lot of creative patching to make it all work and I will have to apply a liberal amount of "mud" to cover it all up.
Next step is to finish taping and start mudding. Mudding is fun. It covers up all your mistakes and things start to look like they may just look ok in the end after all. The bad part about mudding is the sanding but this time I am going to use a wet sponge to feather out the mud and see if I can master that technique. It should really cut down on the amount of sanding and if so then really cut down on the dust generated....which will be a huge bonus.
.jpg)


2 comments:
This blows my mind! I always wanted a carpenter in the family. By the way, I have a few things at my house that I would like to have you look at.....lol. mom
You're my hero. I leave the mudding and taping to the man of the house. I get cleanup/paint duty. I'm not sure it is that great of a trade-off...
It is looking good!
Post a Comment